Bialetti Moka Express, the original stovetop coffeemaker has been serving up fresh Italian style espresso coffee since 1933.
To produce an authentic espresso in minutes, simply fill the bottom with water add your favourite espresso ground coffee to the funnel and gently heat on your stovetop.
The Moka Express is constructed from food grade aluminium and includes a sturdy stay cool nylon handle and knob and Bialetti’s patented safety valve.
The Moka produces a rich, authentic espresso and Bialetti’s distinctive eight-sided shape allows it to diffuse heat perfectly to enhance the aroma of your coffee.
Please note, the cup size refers to an espresso cup.
Made in Italy.
A DESIGN ICON:
The original Moka Express was voted the fifth best Italian industrial design of the twentieth century and has become a design icon displayed in museums such as the New York Museum of Modern Art and the Science Museum in London, where Bialetti’s original blueprints can be found.
MADE IN ITALY SINCE 1933:
In Italy, where the kitchen is the heart of the home, where coffee is a passion that brings friends and family together, Bialetti is found in nine out of ten households. Bialetti first brought the world the legendary Moka Express stovetop espresso maker in 1933, revolutionising the way Italians enjoyed their beloved espresso forever. Today, Bialetti has truly earned its iconic status with coffee lovers and design aficionados.
Before First Use:
- Before using the coffeemaker for the first time, it’s a good idea to wash all the parts in hot water first. The Bialetti Moka Express is NOT dishwasher safe.
- We recommended that you throw away the first 3 brews.
- It’s really important that you don’t use the handle while unscrewing as this can cause the handle to break.
- Fill the base with water to just below the level of the safety valve. Be careful not to overfill as the air in the space between the water and the coffee filter is what heats and forces the water up through the coffee. If the water tank is overfilled the result is boiled coffee, with a bitter or burnt taste.
- Insert the funnel.
- Loosely fill the funnel with espresso ground coffee, do not press coffee down.
- Screw the top section firmly to the base.
- Place the coffeemaker on a low to medium heat. When using on gas adjust the flame so that it does not extend up the side of the pot.
- It takes only 3 – 6 minutes, depending on the size of the coffeemaker and the intensity of heat, until it’s ready to serve.
- Remove immediately from the heat once coffee pot is full. Do not allow to boil and do not put on full heat as this may cause the coffee to have a burnt taste.
- Dissemble and hand wash in warm water. Suitable for use on gas, electric and ceramic hobs, NOT suitable for induction.
4 Sizes Available: Please note, the cup size refers to an espresso cup.
- 4 Cup 18cmH x 9.5cmW
- 6 Cup 21.5cmH x 11cmW
- 9 Cup 25cmH x 11.5cmW
- 12 Cup 29.5cmH x 13.5cmW