Bialetti Kitty, by the original stovetop coffeemaker who has been serving up fresh Italian style espresso coffee since 1933.
The Bialetti Kitty produces the same authentic Italian espresso, using the same brewing technique, as the original Moka Express. Offering a contemporary rounded design, this stovetop espresso pot is made from stainless steel and is compatible with all cook tops including induction.
A functional style with a practical, drip-less pouring spout, it is constructed from food grade stainless steel and has an ergonomic, soft touch heat-resistant handle and Bialetti’s patented safety valve.
To produce an authentic espresso in minutes, simply fill the bottom with water add your favourite espresso ground coffee to the funnel and gently heat on your stovetop.
Please note, the cup size refers to an espresso cup.
Material: Stainless Steel
Made in Italy.
Suitable for Induction.
Made in Italy Since 1933:
In Italy, where the kitchen is the heart of the home, where coffee is a passion that brings friends and family together, Bialetti is found in nine out of ten households. Bialetti first brought the world the legendary Moka Express stovetop espresso maker in 1933, revolutionising the way Italians enjoyed their beloved espresso forever. Today, Bialetti has truly earned its iconic status with coffee lovers and design aficionados.
Before First Use:
- Before using the coffeemaker for the first time, it’s a good idea to wash all the parts in hot water first. The Bialetti Kitty is NOT dishwasher safe.
- We recommended that you throw away the first 3 brews.
- It’s really important that you don’t use the handle while unscrewing as this can cause the handle to break.
- Fill the base with water to just below the level of the safety valve. Be careful not to overfill as the air in the space between the water and the coffee filter is what heats and forces the water up through the coffee. If the water tank is overfilled the result is boiled coffee, with a bitter or burnt taste.
- Insert the funnel.
- Loosely fill the funnel with espresso ground coffee, do not press coffee down.
- Screw the top section firmly to the base.
- Place the coffeemaker on a low to medium heat. When using on gas adjust the flame so that it does not extend up the side of the pot.
- It takes only 3 – 6 minutes, depending on the size of the coffeemaker and the intensity of heat, until it’s ready to serve.
- Remove immediately from the heat once coffee pot is full. Do not allow to boil and do not put on full heat as this may cause the coffee to have a burnt taste.
- Dissemble and hand wash in warm water. Suitable for use on gas, electric, ceramic and induction hobs.
3 Sizes Available: Please note, the cup size refers to an espresso cup.
- 4 Cup 17cmH x 8cmW
- 6 Cup 19.5cmH x 9cmW
- 10 Cup 23cmH x 10.5cmW